December 24, 2014

These are some poems I wrote awhile ago!

These poems I wrote a few months ago and they are not very well done, but my mother loves them and they are special to me me so here we go! These are in order from the first one I wrote to the one I wrote last.
This is my Heaven

Oh the joy of life!
No sadness, grief or strife.
Happiness, joy, and love.
The trickle of water, the coo of a dove
This is Heaven to me.

Sunrise over mountains,
Sunset over seas!
Oh, the love You've shown to me!
I've never known anything better.
Recipient of Your love letters.
This is Heaven to me.

Your own language in all nature,
Love, when all sin and hate were
Nailed to the tree for me and all.
A place where peace has no walls.
That is Heaven to me.

You and Love are all the same.
You heal the blind you heal the lame.
You make us new, and white as snow.
I'll be with you wherever we'll go.
And that will be Heaven to me.

And when my faith will turn to sight.
My heart will soar like an eagle in flight.
Rivers of gold reflect Your heavenly light.
With You, there is no night.
This is in Heaven for me.

Six days for Earth to be built
2014 years for a promise fulfilled.
And when I'm in the sky in Jesus' arms,
I'll take no pleasure in previous charms.
Because He is always my Heaven to me.


Hallelujah!
Hallelujah, God has blessed me
I no longer bear my shame
He has given me His family
he has given me a name.
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!

Hallelujah, God has loved me
I am forever in his hands
He is always with me
No matter where I stand.
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!

Hallelujah, God protects me
With his mighty upheld arm
He shields away all evil
And heals me from all harm.
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!

Hallelujah, God disciplines me
For he cares for me so
He's my daddy and He'll train me
In the way that I should go.
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!

Hallelujah, He made the world for me
All the flowers, grass, and trees.
And as an oak comes from an acorn,
So shall He build from me.
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!

Hallelujah, I will praise Him
as my Maker, Redeemer, Dad.
I will give praise to the one who made it all.
He has made my spirit glad.
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!





Silas, 12 years



Ode to the Lord
Lord, you are majestic, Lord, you are holy.
You knew me before you created the world.
I want to love you with all of my heart, and to honor you fully,
For you loved me before the stars ever twirled.
Your desire is to always be with me
With nothing to separate us.
That is why Your people must be holy,
For that is the reason you made us.
God you are gracious and beautiful
And the earth brims full of Your glory,
And through Jesus, compassionate and merciful,
You have woven all of this into my story.
There is no language where Your creation is not understood.
What do they say to the ends of the world?
Oh, the sky, the sun, the grass, the wood;
There is no place where Your praise isn't unfurled.
In You, I will live forever
To you will I give my praise.
There is no way I could ever stop. Never
Will I cease to give thanks to You through the endless days.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, each one praising God Most High. Beautiful Silas. Thank you for sharing. Cyber hugs from your Aunt Tia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, each one praising God Most High. Beautiful Silas. Thank you for sharing. Cyber hugs from your Aunt Tia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! :)