October 10, 2011

James 4:7-8

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

I like this verse because, when I think about it in the morning, that encouragement can last the whole day long. I also like it because it tells me what to do when I fall short of the glory of God: Wash my hands, which means to repent to the person I sinned against, and purify my heart which means to turn to the only true God and not to any other false gods which might include myself. My favorite part from these verses is when it says "resist the devil". It tells me how not to sin, and what will happen when I say "no" to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! :)