May 30, 2001

About me. Tell me if you got here the secret way. :)

I'm Silas Emmanuel.
I am a Christ follower striving to become whoever God wants me to be. Its been interesting to compare where I've been and where I am now. I was baptized June 26th and I remember what I was thinking about baptism at that time. I knew that what I was about to do was to make Jesus my Savior and that I was placing my life into God's hands. I wanted every part of my life to fully glorify God. I have learned so much more about God and myself since then. God doesn't only want me to serve Him and praise Him, but He wants to be with me and live inside me. I've learned what it means to put on the full armor of God. I've learned that me relationship with others should look like what Jesus did to the people around Him; I should give others the same love, compassion, hope, light, peace, and joy that God gave and is giving me. I am learning how to overcome temptations in life and trying to live out the fruit of the Spirit. You can sort-of see what I've learned in some of my blog posts, I guess.
Anyway, that's who I am as a Christian.

I don't play any sports yet, but I do like to juggle. When I am able to, I want to be a missionary, teacher, artist, professional juggler, musician, animator, cartoonist, author or just a writer, pilot, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. I am not planning on being all of those and I'm not good at most of those yet either, but I'm getting an infinite amount of time in Heaven to accomplish some of these things, so ... yeah I can do it then. :D For now (while I'm living on this earth) I have no clue to which direction God's going to take me, so stay tuned.
God has blessed me with a great family and a great place to live in a blessed country. I have 3 siblings and we are adopting another boy from Ethiopia. (Yay!) I have an older sister and a younger sister and brother who I have lots of fun with even though they drive me nuts. I live in Colorado which is a great place to live with beautiful mountains and awesome rocks and friendly people.

That's me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! :)